Here's part 2 of 2 of the kids' activities I shared during my Holi segment with Pix11 News last Friday. Both of them incorporate our Holi Color Powder because, when you live in the northeast, you sometimes have to revel in the magic of Holi indoors.
Great for ages: 3+
- Muffin tray
- Larger tray (to place underneath the muffin tray)
- Holi Color Powder
- Baking powder or Baking soda
- Distilled vinegar
- Dish detergent
- Bottle with a lid
- Liquid dropper or a squirt bottle
- Layer each pocket in the muffin tray with a different colored Holi Powder
- Then add equal parts layer of baking soda in each pocket
- In an empty bottle (ensure it comes with a lid so that you can close it to mix), add in distilled vinegar with a couple of drops of dish detergent. While the dish detergent is optional, it helps conceal the strong vinegar odor and also creates a better bubble reaction.
- Close the bottle and shake well.
- Fill your liquid dropper with this vinegar/soap mixture, and drop it into each of the pockets one by one.
- You can use your dropper or a separate spoon to stir the ingredients together.
- Use this opportunity to demonstrate to your kids some the lessons learned from this activity:
- What lies beneath is far greater than what lies on the surface
- Science is fun and doesn't have to be intimidating